We Can Support Your Needs in the Following Ways:
The Adaptive Equipment team offers a variety of Adaptive Equipment services to suit the needs of all people. We are proud of our commitment to recycling durable medical equipment and ensuring that it gets into the hands of those who need it most. We do this by accepting donations of gently-used durable medical equipment, sanitizing and repairing, and then selling that equipment at extremely affordable rates.
Thank you for your interest in donating durable medical equipment to Oak Hill, so that we may refurbish it and put it to great use. Your donation can greatly benefit individuals with disabilities, of all ages, and their families. We can only accept donations that are gently used. The acceptance of each donation is heavily dependent on the condition of the equipment and equipment needs of NEAT.
Things to know:
- All donations are fully tax-deductible; please request a donation receipt.
- At this time we are unable to offer pick-up services.
- We accept a variety of durable medical equipment and our equipment needs are always changing. If you have any questions, please contact our team.
- Before donating durable medical equipment, always check the equipment for stickers that may indicate specific vendors/agencies items should be returned to, especially if the equipment is not under your ownership.
Our highly-qualified technicians can sanitize and/or repair reasonable, durable medical equipment requests at 33 Coventry St. Hartford, CT 06112.
Things to know:
- Sanitation and repairs are scheduled services. If same day services are needed please call.
- We make every effort to repair equipment in a timely manner, but it is important to share that we are a small team and we are trying our best to serve the community efficiently. Oak Hill Equipment Services are not designed to meet emergency demands.
- Sanitation and repair services are fee-based: $25.00 per hour (at a minimum).
- There is no fee for Oak Hill team to assess your equipment needs.
- Oak Hill reserves the right to deny the repair or customization of requested equipment.
Our dedicated team sanitizes, restores and resells adaptive, durable medical equipment. We save our customers 50-80% over the cost of new equipment.
Examples of durable medical equipment for sale include:
Grab Bars, Gait Trainers, Full-Hospital Beds, Tumble Forms, Ramps, Rollators, Hoyer Lifts, Pediatric Equipment, Standers, Manual and Transport Wheelchair, Power Wheelchairs with Batteries, Scooters, 3 in 1 Commodes, Rolling Shower Commode Chair, Unique Adaptive and Recreational Equipment, and much more
Things to know:
- While we have a physical store location in Hartford, CT, we are also working steadily to increase are online inventory.
- A fee may be incurred for the delivery of equipment.
- All equipment sold is heavily assessed and has been stamped as “gently used” in its previous life.
- Our services are by appointment only. Walk-ins may be turned away or may incur a wait time until someone can assist their needs.
- We make every effort to pick up, sell and deliver equipment in a timely manner, but it is important to share that we are a small team and we are trying our best to serve the community efficiently. The NEAT Center is not designed to meet emergency demands.
- The items we sell are heavily dependent on donations. We cannot guarantee we have the specific equipment you are looking for. Please call or email to inquire.
Oak Hill coordinates and manages the CT Office of Early Childhood - Birth to Three Adaptive Equipment Inventory at our location in Hartford, CT. These items are available to Birth to Three providers and agencies to lend to children in need based on their professional discretion. The equipment should be returned when the child no longer needs it, so that we can sanitize/repair and put it back to good use.
Phone: 860-243-2869 Email: NEAT.B23@oakhillct.org
Forms Required: Contact NEAT Additional Services and FAQs: https://assistivetechnology.oakhillct.org/free-services-for-birth-to-three-providers/
Hours of Operation:
Our services are by appointment only during the following business hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
*If you are a CT Birth to Three Provider and need to schedule
time on Monday or Friday, please contact us.
Oak Hill Equipment Services
33 Coventry St. Hartford, CT 06112