We Can Support Your Needs in the Following Ways:
The Adaptive Equipment team offers a variety of Adaptive Equipment services to suit the needs of all people. We are proud of our commitment to recycling durable medical equipment and ensuring that it gets into the hands of those who need it most. We do this by accepting donations of gently-used durable medical equipment, sanitizing and repairing, and then selling that equipment at extremely affordable rates.
Durable Medical or Adaptive Equipment (DME) refers to medical equipment that is used to help with recovery from an illness or injury, or for long term use for individuals with disabilities or for those who are aging.
Oak Hill’s Adaptive Equipment Services provide access to mobility aids and personal care aids by refurbishing gently used donations.
Our dedicated team sanitizes, restores and resells this equipment with a goal of saving customers 50-80% over the cost of new equipment.
We often carry unique recreational equipment as well, but our inventory is based on donation and can fluctuate.
Benefits of Reuse:
• Provides low-cost refurbished equipment to individuals when funding is limited or there is no insurance coverage.
• Helps our environment by reusing unused equipment.
• Provides access quick or short-term access to equipment while one waits for funding or is recovering from an injury/illness.
• Provides tax benefits (write-offs) for donors of used equipment.
• Makes a positive impact on health care costs and provides savings for the individuals who may otherwise not be able to afford it.
• Saves dollars for both state agencies, local business, and individuals by ensuring equipment is being used to is fullest potential and lifecycle.
Thank you for your interest in donating durable medical equipment to Oak Hill, so that we may refurbish it and put it to great use. Your donation can greatly benefit individuals with disabilities, of all ages, and their families. We can only accept donations that are gently used. The acceptance of each donation is heavily dependent on the condition of the equipment and equipment needs of NEAT.
Things to know:
- All donations are fully tax-deductible; please request a donation receipt.
- We do offer pick-up of donations, but there is a fee associated with that service.
- We accept a variety of durable medical equipment and our equipment needs are always changing. If you have any questions, please contact our team.
- Before donating durable medical equipment, always check the equipment for stickers that may indicate specific vendors/agencies items should be returned to, especially if the equipment is not under your ownership.
Our highly-qualified technicians can sanitize and/or repair reasonable, durable medical equipment requests at 33 Coventry St. Hartford, CT 06112.
Things to know:
- Sanitation and repairs are scheduled services. If same day services are needed please call.
- We make every effort to repair equipment in a timely manner, but it is important to share that we are a small team and we are trying our best to serve the community efficiently. Oak Hill Equipment Services are not designed to meet emergency demands.
- Sanitation and repair services are fee-based: $25.00 per hour (at a minimum).
- There is no fee for Oak Hill team to assess your equipment needs.
- Oak Hill reserves the right to deny the repair or customization of requested equipment.
Our dedicated team sanitizes, restores and resells adaptive, durable medical equipment. We save our customers 50-80% over the cost of new equipment.
Examples of durable medical equipment for sale include:
Mobility Aids: Walkers, Rollators, Gait Trainers, Scooters, Canes, Transport and Manual Wheelchairs, Power Wheelchairs, Personal Care Aids: Commodes, Shower Bench, Grab Bars
Other: Hospital Beds, Various Recreational Equipment
And much more!
*We do not sell hospital bed mattresses
Things to know:
- While we have a physical store location in Hartford, CT, we are also working steadily to increase are online inventory.
- A fee may be incurred for the delivery of equipment.
- All equipment sold is heavily assessed and has been stamped as “gently used” in its previous life.
- We make every effort to pick up, sell and deliver equipment in a timely manner, but it is important to share that we are a small team and we are trying our best to serve the community efficiently. The NEAT Center is not designed to meet emergency demands.
- The items we sell are heavily dependent on donations. We cannot guarantee we have the specific equipment you are looking for. Please call or email to inquire.
Oak Hill coordinates and manages the CT Office of Early Childhood - Birth to Three Adaptive Equipment Inventory at our location in Hartford, CT. These items are available to Birth to Three providers and agencies to lend to children in need based on their professional discretion. The equipment should be returned when the child no longer needs it, so that we can sanitize/repair and put it back to good use.
Please use Form 3-14 to loan out equipment. Click here to access this form.
Phone: 860-243-2869 Email: NEAT.B23@oakhillct.org
Additional Services and FAQs: https://assistivetechnology.oakhillct.org/free-services-for-birth-to-three-providers/
Hours of Operation:
Appointments are no longer required. We will be open on:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Our storefront will be closed from 12/26-28. We will return to regular scheduled business hours January 2nd.
*If you are a CT Birth to Three Provider and need to schedule time on Monday or Friday, please contact us.
*Please call or check our website during inclement weather, as we may have special hours or closings.
Oak Hill Equipment Services
33 Coventry St. Hartford, CT 06112
Adaptive Equipment Services Manager