Let's Work Together!
EXCITING NEWS: The CT State Department of Education (SDE) Bureau of Special Education has renewed and expanded the NEAT Center Subscription model to serve CT school districts for the years 2022-2025. Every school district will be provided a NEAT Membership during this time period. Cohort C will be the first to participate in the Subscriptions offerings, including assistive technology (AT) for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Subscription Benefits for 2022-2025
- Membership Benefits for 2022-2025
Join us for informational sessions to learn more about how your school district can participate in these unique opportunities and benefit from the AT Specialists at NEAT, at no cost to you. Register below:
- Live Webinar: September 14, 2022 | 10:00am - 11:30 am
- In-Person Workshop: October 21, 2022 | 9:00am - 3:00pm (33 Coventry St, Hartford, CT)
2021-2022 Membership and Subscription Benefits for CT School Districts
For the 2021-2022 school year, the CT SDE Bureau of Special Education will provide school districts across CT with access to The NEAT Center in a variety of ways. School districts within CT have been divided into 3 cohorts. This school year, Cohorts A, B and C have been provided a NEAT Membership. Cohort B has been provided a Subscription, which gives these districts access to targeted AT services at no cost to them.
Find your district here:
- Subscription 2021-22 & 2024-25 (Cohort B)
- Subscription 2022-23 (Cohort C)
- Subscription 2023-24 (Cohort A)
Our Membership is specifically designed to serve people of all ages and abilities, all over the world. It includes access to our Hotline, Webinars, exclusive Training Materials, and our extensive Lending Library.
AT Services Through Subscription:
Cohort B districts are allotted several hours to use towards free AT services for students and educators. Through this Subscription, these districts are eligible to receive one or more of the following services at NO COST:
- Kickstarts (Consultation + Training)
- Pop-Up Consultations - Teachers, special educators, SLPs, OTs, PTs, paraeducators, administrators, and more are all invited to sign-up for regularly scheduled, virtual appointments to ask AT questions on-demand. Our NEAT Specialists, each with unique areas of expertise, will be available to discuss a specific topic of interest, reach targeted AT goals, or build AT capacity
The focus of these expert-guided services can include, but is not limited to, impairments in the following areas: vision, speech and language, communication, learning, cognitive, physical, Dyslexia/Dyscalculia, executive functioning, independent living, and more.
Services are conducted in-person, virtually, or through a hybrid delivery approach. The NEAT Specialist(s) will work with the team to assess their needs and make suggestions on which service delivery model is best. Decisions will also rely on current recommendations of the CDC, school districts, and Oak Hill policies.
Nicole Feeney, Senior Director of Oak Hill Centers, has recorded a short video summarizing the benefits of your SDE-sponsored Subscription. You can view it here.
If you have questions, please see our SDE Subscription FAQ.