The NEAT team helps people learn more about the benefits of assistive technology (AT). Our excitement soars at the opportunity to demonstrate the powerful impact AT can have on the lives of individuals with different and unique abilities.
Our AT presentations, demonstrations and webinars are innovative and educational in nature. We strive to provide material in an accessible and relatable manner.
Our initiative began on March 23rd and we’ve taken the liberty of posting our previously recorded sessions below. Please visit our Free Webinars Page to view all of the webinars in this series. Click the links below to view our topic-specific pages.
- Note Taking
- Switch-Adapted and Accessible Toys
- NEW: Alternative Access
- Cool Features, Bro! Include ALL Your Students In Your Digital Read Aloud
- Strategies For Effectively Using And Teaching Dictation
- 6 Ways To Access Bookshare Books
- Struggling Readers: Making The Most Of Read&Write For Google
- An Introduction To EquatIO
- Using Google Keep For Transition And Life Skills
- AT for LD: iPad Tools and Built-In Accessibility
- AT for LD: Chrome Tools
- AT for LD: App Smashing for Reading, Writing, and Note Taking
- Microsoft AT Tools for Learning Disabilities
- NEW: Alternate Onscreen Keyboards for iPad
- Alt Text 101
- Making Meetings More Accessible for Cheap
- Top 10 Technology Treasures with a Twist
- The iPhone: A powerful solution for social connection & accessibility!
- JAWS: Screen Reading with My Favorite Features
- How To Caption For Free
- An Overview Of Narrator And Magnifier In Windows 10
- NEW: Making Your Tweets Accessible
- NEW: An Overview Of Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA) Screen Reader
- A Team Approach to Feature Matching
- Capturing Memories to Create Communication
- AAC Resources: Reminders Of The Old, Introduction To The New
- NEW: Attacking the Sexual Assault Epidemic With the Power of Communication
- NEW: AAC Implementation At Home
- Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant?
- Combat Social Isolation With Smart Technology: Tips For Those Who Are Aging In Place
- Gaining Control Through Smart Technology
- NEW: Top Ten Tips To Securing Your Smart Technology
Share with your friends, students and colleagues. Help us spread the word!
A bank of AT and AAC resources and short, online training videos are provided to NEAT members with a private link. These videos can help you learn and develop your AT skills in short, personalized increments. These are a great way to learn more about AT recommendations provided in an AT evaluation or simply catch up on new features of various AT tools.
Because NEAT offers an annual membership, some benefits are included. To access these videos you will need to 1st, have a membership, and 2nd, register as a member. After your online registration, you will receive a welcome email and a member password to this training video library. These are shorter and more focused that our ongoing webinars. Let us know if you need access here. Follow the links below.
Let us create a personalized presentation or webinar for you.
- We can provide a general overview of AT or meet the specific needs of your group.
- AT experts can provide information and resources on many topics including learning disabilities, cognitive and physical disabilities, visual and communication impairments, digital and gaming accessibility, smart home, etc.
- Great for college students, parent support groups, school districts, human service professionals, etc.
- Email us at CentersConnect@oakhillct.org for more information.
*Note: If your CT school district is part of Cohort C, as identified by the State Dept. of Education, you have the opportunity for personalized, professional development through your NEAT Subscription, at no cost to you. A list of districts in Cohort C, as well as other benefits.